Summer Staff at Camp Pine Lake do it all, from facilities to food to program. In the course of the season, Summer Staff learn what it takes to make camp happen. Half of the summer is spent facilitating camp for the Church of the Brethren campers, with a primary focus on program, and half of the summer is spent providing support and logistics for rental camps that utilize the Camp Pine Lake facility.
As a small camp adjacent to Pine Lake State Park, we thrive on the creativity of all our staff and look to empower each Summer Staff member that comes to Camp Pine Lake.
Summer Staff arrive at camp somewhere around the last week of May or first week of June and work through the first week of August.
The person filling this position:
1. Needs to respect the ministry of Camp Pine Lake and be willing to work toward the fulfillment of our Mission Statement.
2. Needs to have an understanding of their own faith journey and be on a track to continue to work at their faith during their time of employment.
3. Must be 19 years old and needs to be at least two years older than supervised campers. One full year out of high school. Work schedule and assignments will be determined by age.
4. Needs to have an attitude compatible with servant leadership.
5. Must be able to work with persons of all ages, and willing to work in all areas of operation.
6. Needs to have appropriate emotional maturity and stability.
7. Needs to accept the Responsibilities of Summer Staff.
If you are interested in a summer position for next season, please contact Betsy Kuecker at email@example.com or 641-939-5334.
If you love to work as a team preparing great quality food for fun loving campers this job is for you. Your responsibilities may include but are not limited to food preparation, dish washing, keeping kitchen organized and clean, food ordering, working with vendors and local food bank, and developing and planning healthy delicious meals.
Food service experience is not required but is a plus. If you are interested in applying, please contact Camp Pine Lake at firstname.lastname@example.org or 641-939-5334.